March 23 Sermon Notes
· Helping us to align ourselves with what in on God’s heart, that we should be praying so that our prayer life can be that much more affective.
· Prayer stats
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
· Galatians 4:4-6 – We are God’s children, we can talk to him just as Christ talked to him, because he has adopted us as his children.
· Hallowed= Meaning set apart for special service; takes the form of the Hebrew word, qadesh, which means separated, holy, holiness.#
o We are to remember in our prayers that he is set apart in heaven, because of his holiness.
o We should be hallowing him not just in speech but in oureveryday lives.
Your kingdom come.
· Romans 14:17 –Righteousness=right living; Peace=prosper; Joy=confident expectation
o We’re to pray that He is reigning and ruling completely in our hearts and lives.
Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
· 1 Samuel 15:22—Obedience not sacrifice
· Matthew 18:14—None should be lost.
· Psalm 132:13-14—The church is a resting place for His spirit.
· Luke 22:15—Intimate fellowship with us, His creation.
Give us this day our daily bread.
· Psalm 105:40—God will provide food for our bellies
· Matthew 4:4—God will provide spiritual food.
o We need to be praying that he will not just provide for our physical needs, but for our spiritual needs as well.
And forgive us our debts,
· 1 John 1:9—God forgives our sins when we recognize that we have done wrong in the eyes of our creator and ask for His mercy.
o Hebrews 9:22—Jesus was the only blood sacrifice that was pure even to wash away the sins of the world.
As we also have forgiven our debtors.
· Colossians 3:13—We are to be Christ-like and as such we must forgive, just as we have been forgiven. Our forgiveness for those who do us wrong will be a testimony in the world of the forgiveness that God has bestowed upon those who call him Lord.
And do not bring us into temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.
· Ephesians 6:14-18—If we’re clothing ourselves with the armor God has provided for us to wear, we will be protected. But if we are not doing what God has asked, if we are not taking the initiative and using God as our shield, we are in the danger zone.
For Thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory forever, Amen.
· Not said by Jesus, added later.
· 2 Timothy 4:18—Possibly where this idea was taken from.